Enabling a user for Lync 2013 can be completed using the Chinook Communications control panel (https://controlpanel.chinookcommunications.com) for most Lync plans. The Lync plans that require additional configuration from the Chinook support team are listed at the bottom of this article.
Before enabling a user for a Lync plan with Enterprise Voice (Lync Enterprise Plus for Total Connect or Lync Standard Plus for Total Connect) you will need to have a telephone number reserved for that user. If a telephone number has not been provided to you by the Chinook Support team, please contact UCRequests@arkadin.com and request a telephone number be reserved.
NOTE: In addition to a phone number, any user that will be enabled for a Lync plan with Enterprise Voice will need to be Exchange enabled before Lync enabling the account. If the user is Lync enabled prior to Exchange enabling them, voice mail and other Unified Messaging functionality will not be properly provisioned and it will require you to disable Lync and re-enable Lync in order to correct the issue.
Enabling a user for Lync 2013
- Login to the Chinook Communications control panel (https://email@example.com) as a Reseller Admin or Company Admin.
- Create a new user account for the person to be Lync enabled. The process to create a new user account can be found in the Chinook Communications Support Forums here.
- Select the user account to be enabled from the user list and click on the Display Name or select the user account and click View Information from the Account Management section.
- Select the Lync 2013 Hosting Service from the Available Services section.
NOTE: When enabling a user for a Lync Plan with Enterprise Voice (Lync Enterprise Plus for Total Connect or Lync Standard Plus for Total Connect) the user must be Exchange enabled prior to enabling the account for Lync. You can confirm that the account is Exchange enabled by looking in the Active Services section for the Exchange 2010 Service. If the user is not enabled for Exchange before enabling them for Lync, their voice mail and other Unified Messaging functionality will not be properly configured.
- Provide the following information in the Lync 2013 Hosting Service pane
- Lync Plan: Select the Lync plan that corresponds to the Lync functionality to be provisioned for this user.
- Line URI: The telephone number provided for this user by the Chinook Support Team in the format 1xxxxxxxxxx. This field is ONLY needed for Enterprise Voice enabled plans.
- Dial Plan: If a custom Dial Plan is needed, the Dial Plan name will be provided by the Chinook Support team.
- Voice Policy: If a custom Voice Policy is needed, the Voice Policy name will be provided by the Chinook Support team.
- Click Update
- When the update is complete, the Lync 2013 Hosting Service should now show in the Active Services section for this user.
- This user is now successfully provisioned for Lync.
Office 365 Plans require additional support configuration
Please contact the UC Requests team at UCRequests@arkadin.com to complete the Lync configuration for users consuming any of the Office 365 plans in order for voicemail functionality to work. Please send an email that provides the sip addresses of the newly-enabled users and request "to have their Hosted Voicemail Policy be applied."
In addition, be sure to UM-enable the users in the Office 365 portal. Further details can be found in this KB article. Just skip down to the last section named "Enable the O365 accounts for Unified Messaging and assign a Dial Plan".