When moving from Office 365 Lync. Online to the Arkadin UC platform users may experience issues with their Lync service. Some of the most common issues include:
- Instant Messaging (IM) not working within your own organization.
- Users are unable to join a Lync conference already in session.
- Users are unable to share applications.
- Issues involving contact presence or team rosters including the error “You might not have the latest participant list due to the server is down” or something similar.
These types of errors may occur when a Lync account has been moved to the Arkadin UC platform and is no longer available on the Office 365 platform. When a request is sent to connect via IM, view contact presence, or to join a conference, etc., the request will fail.
To resolve these types of issues, you must completely disable Lync from your Office 365 subscription.
Disable users for Office 365 Lync Online-single users
- Login to the Office 365 portal as Administrator.
Note: To confirm you have admin permissions, select Admin from the top ribbon (upper right) and you should be able to access services from the Admin dropdown.
- From the navigation list on the left side of the screen, select USERS, then select Active Users.
- Select the user’s name, then click the pencil on the right hand pane to edit that user’s licenses.
- Select licenses from the left navigation pane.
Note: To view all licenses associated with this user, click the small arrow to the right of the first License listed.
- Uncheck the Lync Online options for the selected user.
- Select Save to save the changes.
Disable Lync in the Office 365 portal-Multiple users
- Login to the Office 365 portal, select USERS, then select Active Users.
- From the list, select the active users that need to have Lync disabled.
- Click the pencil on the right to edit the users’ licenses.
- On the details page, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Next button.
- On the settings page, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Next button.
- On the Assign licenses page, choose the Replace existing license assignments radio button, and then uncheck the Lync Online license.
- Click the Submit button.
Important: If you have questions or you experience errors during this process, please contact Office 365 support.
For more information about managing Office 365, visit these resources.