Chinook Communications frequently uses a 3rd Party service (MigrationWiz) to migrate content from the mailboxes on the legacy platform to the new mailboxes on the Chinook Communications Hosted Exchange platform. There are certain content types that cannot be migrated for various reasons.
The following is a list of items that are not included in MigrationWiz migrations between mailboxes due to API limitations:
- Items that do not match folder types (i.e. calendar responses within a mail folder)
- Custom items that do not inherit from the core system types
- Example: items which are not true emails, calendars, contacts, journals, mail, notes, or tasks
- Calendar notifications such as invites, cancellations, etc.
- Acceptance status for meeting participants (ex: accepted, declined, tentative)
- From Exchange 2003: BCC recipients (also resource attendees for appointments)
- Personal Distribution Lists
- Public folders
- Bounce notifications such as Non-Delivery Report/Receipt (NDR) or Delivery Status Notification (DSN)
- RSS feeds
- Mailbox settings, permission settings, sharing settings, client settings (ex: default font)
- Mailbox rules
MigrationWiz is a content migration solution, the service does not perform any of the following:
- Creation of Outlook profiles
- Migration of client side settings
- Provisioning of accounts
- Active Directory related object creations or synchronization
- NK2 files migration
Archive folders do not migrate under the regular MigrationWiz MAILBOX PROJECT. A separate ARCHIVE PROJECT would be created and require additional licenses and a separate full migration. O365 users must have Archiving enabled.