The following are the steps required for setting up a snom MeetingPoint with hosted Lync 2013.
- Press the menu key on the right hand side of the phone's keypad.
- Using one of the function keys under the arrows , scroll down to Maintenance and press the check mark key, .
- The first option should be 1 System Info. Press the check mark key.
- Make note of the firmware (snomMP-SIP x.x.x.xx, to be referenced later) and the IP address (IP Adr).
- Go to a computer and open a web browser. In the address bar type https://<your IP> (make sure you put https and not http).
Note: If you get a security warning select to go to this website anyway.
- In the left nav under Setup, select UC Account Data.
- Fill in the three boxes with your user account data:
SIP-URI: The Lync account of the person that will be using the device in the format email@example.com
Username: The SAM Account name for the account above in the format CITSERVERS\SAM_Account_Name.
Password: The password assigned to the account above.
- Click Apply.
Note: After this step you may periodically get a popup box that asks for your Username and Password. Both of these fields are case sensitive. Just type in exactly what you put in the Username (DOMAIN\USERNAME) and Password fields in step 7.
- In the left nav under Setup, select Preferences.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, under Lock Keyboard make sure "Allow keyboard locking" and "Keyboard lock" are set to "off".
- Then click Apply.
- In the left nav under Setup, select Advanced.
- If this is the first time accessing the Advanced menu it will ask for Administrator Login. The default password is 0000.
- Select the QoS/Security tab at the top.
- Under the Security section turn off "Server enforced keyboard lock", then click Apply.
- Select the Network tab at the top of the page.
- Under the Time section, change the value for "NTP Time Server" to pool.ntp.org.
- Click Apply.
- In the left nav under Setup, select Identity 1.
- Select the SIP tab at the top of the screen.
- Set Proposed Expiry to 600 and click Apply.
**IF THE FIRMWARE IS OLDER THAN VERSION 184.108.40.206, PROCEED TO THE NEXT STEP** (Step 4 was where this was determined.) Otherwise, skip to the final step.
- In the left nav under Setup select Software Update.
- Copy the following URL into the box labeled Manual Software Update: http://downloads.snom.com/snomuc/snomMP-UC-220.127.116.11-SIP-r.bin
- Click the Load button (this may take a few minutes).
- A field requesting that you save may appear at the top of the screen. If so select Save.