Customers that are consuming the TC-O365 plan (for integration with Office 365 Exchange and Unified Messaging) and using the Lync 2010 client may get a notification in the Lync client that there is an Exchange Connection Error. Additionally, no call history or voicemail information will be displayed in the Lync client.
To enable the Call History and Voicemail Notification functionality from the Lync 2010 client, a small software update from Microsoft is required. Follow the steps below to install the software update and enable the functionality.
Enabling the Voicemail Notification and Call History for TC-O365 accounts
- Install and configure the Lync client for the Chinook Communications service. If you need assistance with the configuration, please see our support article here.
- Allow a few minutes for the Lync client to contact Exchange and attempt to get the UM information. NOTE: If this step is successful, no further action is needed.
- If you see a red X in the bottom right hand corner of the Lync client, click on the arrow to expose the error.
- Click on the Click to display details link to show the Error. You should see a dialog box like the one below.
- Click the Install Now button to proceed with the installation. This will redirect you to a site to download the Lync 2010 Exchange O365 Integration Pack.
- Follow the instructions to download and install the software.
- After the installation has completed, restart the Lync 2010 client.
- The red X that was indicating the Exchange Connection Error should now be gone.
- After approximately 1- 2 minutes the Lync 2010 client should have synchronized with the Exchange servers and the Conversation History and Call Notifications should begin to show up in the Lync 2010 client.
- The Lync 2010 client should now be configured to integrate with Office 365 Unified Messaging.