Like the Windows client, the Lync for Mac 2011 client supports automatically configuring itself for the Chinook Communications Lync servers if the correct DNS entries are in place. For questions regarding the DNS entries required to use the Chinook Communications Lync service, please see DNS requirements to use Chinook services in the On-Boarding support forum.
To configure the Lync for Mac 2011 client
- Install and Launch the Lync for Mac 2011 client.
- Click on the Advanced button at the bottom of the login screen
- Select the Automatic Configuration radio button and click OK.
- Enter your Email address, User ID and Password then click Sign In
- You should now be able to sign-in to the Lync for Mac 2011 client.
NOTE: In the event you are unable to successfully use Automatic Configuration, you can select Manual Configuration in step 3 above and use the following server names:
- Internal Server Name: dir01.partnerhosted.com
- External Server Name: dir01.partnerhosted.com
- Internal Server Name: access02.partnerhosted.com:443
- External Server Name: access02.partnerhosted.com:443