If the proper DNS SRV Record is present and can be resolved by the workstation, no manual configuration is required for the Windows 2010 Lync client. If you are unsure of the DNS requirements, please review the DNS Requirements to use Chinook services article in the Knowledge Base prior to manually configuring your Lync client.
If manual configuration is needed for the Lync client, follow the steps below to update the required settings.
To manually configure the Lync 2010 Windows client
- Install and Launch the Lync 2010 client for Windows.
- Click on the arrow next to the Options gear in the top right part of the login screen.
- From the menu, select File | Change Sign-In Address
- On the Personal tab, click the Advanced… button under My account.
- Select Manual Configuration and enter dir01.partnerhosted.com as the Internal and External server names.
- Click OK to return to the Lync - Options page.
- On the Personal tab of the Lync – Options page enter your sign-in address for Lync. ( NOTE: This will be in the form of an email address)
- Click OK to close the Lync – Options page.
- Close and re-start the Lync client, then type your sign-in address in the User Name field and provide your password.
- You should now be logged in to the Lync 2010 client.