During a Microsoft® Lync™ 2010 meeting or instant messaging (IM) conversation, you can share your desktop or a program, give Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations, or collaborate on a virtual whiteboard.
Share your desktop
- Open Lync 2010, and, in your Contacts list, double-click a contact.
- When the conversation window opens, click Share.
- If you have more than one monitor, click the one you want to share.
Share a program
- In the conversation window, click Share, and then click Program.
- In the Share Programs dialog box, click the program you want to share, and then click Share.
Attach a file to a meeting
You can share a file with multiple people in a group conversation, meeting, or conference call, but you don’t send it in the same way that you transfer a file to an individual contact. Instead, you add attachments to the meeting that other participants can download and view.
- In the conversation window, click the Add or view Attachments button to upload a file.
- In the Attachments dialog box, click Add Attachments.
- Select the file that you want to add, and then click Upload.
Conduct a poll
- In the meeting window, click the Share menu, and then click New Poll.
- In the Create a Poll dialog box, type a name for your poll, your question, and two or more possible answers.
- Click OK.
Give control of your desktop to others
- On the sharing bar at the top of the screen, click Give Control.
- Click Automatically accept control requests, or click the name of an individual under Attendees.
Take back control
- To take back control of your desktop, monitor, or program:
- Click Give Control. If Automatically accept control requests is selected, click it to clear it. To take back control from an individual, click Take Back Control.
Know if you’re sharing or presenting
Share a PowerPoint presentation
- In the conversation window, click the Share menu, and then click PowerPoint Presentation.
- In the Share PowerPoint dialog box, double-click the PowerPoint presentation that you want to share. When the content is prepared for presentation and uploaded, the other participants will be able to see your presentation. You can make annotations on the presentation using the annotation tools at the lower left of the presentation.
Create a whiteboard
- In the conversation window, click the Share menu, and then click New Whiteboard.
- To start writing or drawing on the whiteboard, use the annotation tools at the lower left of the whiteboard.
Transfer a file
- From a Windows folder, drag the file that you want to send, and drop it into a conversation window or onto a contact in your Contacts list.
- When you drop the file, a file transfer invitation is sent to the recipient. You will receive notification when the transfer is complete or declined.