It is possible to schedule a Lync online meeting on behalf of another user with the appropriate permissions. In order to schedule an online meeting for another user, the following two items will need to be completed.
- The person scheduling the meeting will need to have Full Access and Send-As permissions for the mailbox that the meeting will come from.
- The person scheduling the meeting needs to be a Lync delegate of the user that the meeting will come from.
For the purposes of this article, we will assume that item number one is complete. If you need assistance completing the items in step 1 above, please contact our Support Agents at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 504-7251.
To configure delegate permissions in Lync
- Open the Lync client and login as the person that will be granting delegate access.
- From the Lync client, select Tools | Call Forward Settings.
- Click on Edit my delegate members.
- Click on Add... and select the user(s) that will be scheduling online meetings on behalf of this person, then click OK.
- A notification will be sent to the Lync client of the people that were added in step 4 above confirming that they are now Lync delegates and they should now be able to schedule online meetings on behalf of that person.