Outlook 2011 is the supported application for OSX users to connect to the Chinook Communications Hosted Exchange platform. This guide assumes that Outlook 2011 has been downloaded and installed on the workstation and the mailbox being configured is assigned to a MAPI mailbox plan. The Automatic Configuration option requires that the Autodiscover CNAME record has been updated and propagated. For questions on the DNS requirements for the Hosted Exchange service, please see the Hosted Exchange section of DNS Requirements to use Chinook services.
To configure Outlook 2011, perform the following steps:
- Download and install Outlook 2011.
- Launch Outlook 2011
- Click on Outlook | Preferences from the Apple Menu Bar.
- Select Accounts from the Outlook Preferences window.
- From the Accounts Window select Exchange Account.
- Enter the following Information then click Add Account to begin the configuration process.
- E-mail address: The email address for the account.
- User Name: The login name for the account in the format email@example.com
- Password: The password for the account
- Confirm that Configure automatically is checked.
- If prompted with a dialog, check Always use my response for this server and then click Allow to trust the server to configure the Outlook settings.
- When the automatic configuration is complete, you will see the new account in the Accounts list.
NOTE: To add additional accounts, click the + at the bottom of the Account Window.