You can configure your Windows Phone 8 to connect to your Chinook Communications Exchange mailbox to synchronize email, contacts, calendar items and tasks.
To configure your Windows Phone 8 device, complete the following steps:
- Open SETTINGS
- From the list, select email+accounts.
- Next, select add an account.
- From the ADD AN ACCOUNT screen, select Outlook.
- When the OUTLOOK screen opens, enter the following information then click sign in.
- Enter email address: Your email account in the format email@example.com
- Enter password: Your password
- If the setup completes successfully, continue to Step 10.
- If you see the message “Check your information and try again. You may have mistyped your password.”, verify that you entered the correct email address and password. At this stage, you don’t need to specify any values for User name and Domain. Select Sign in. If setup completes successfully, skip to step 10.
- If your e-mail account can't be set up automatically, you’ll see the message, “We couldn’t find your settings”. Select Advanced and enter enter the following information:
- E-mail address: This is your full e-mail address in the format firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Password: This is the password for your e-mail account.
- User name: This is your full e-mail address in the format email@example.com.
- Domain: CITSERVERS
- Server: https://mail.chinookcommunications.com
- Select Show all settings and make sure the Server requires encrypted (SSL) connection box is selected.
- Click sign in, then continue to Step 10.
- From the ACCOUNT ADDED screen, uncheck the Download Lync from the Store box and click done.
NOTE: The Lync mobile client is not supported in the Lync Hosting Pack deployed at Chinook Communications.
- From the SETTINGS screen, configure the following settings:
- Download new content: Select the frequency that you would like the mobile device to check for new mail. The more frequently the device checks for mail, the shorter the battery life.
- Download email from: Select how much mail you would like synchronized to your mobile device.
- Email, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks: Select the information that you would like synchronized to the mobile device.
- Your Windows Phone 8 device is now connected to the Chinook Communications Platform.