Add trusted names to the Safe Senders or Safe Recipients Lists
By adding email addresses and domain names that you trust to the Safe Senders List, you instruct Outlook that messages from those sources are never to be considered as junk. If you belong to mailing lists or distribution lists, you can add these names to your Safe Recipients List.
While it is possible to add and remove addresses using the Outlook client, we have seen some instances when that information does not propagate up to the server. For that reason, we recommend managing these lists only using the Outlook Web App. That ensures the information is stored on the server and not only on the local Outlook client.
- Open an internet browser and navigate to https://mail.chinookcommunications.com.
- Log in using your email address and password.
NOTE: If you have "Use the light version of Outlook Web App" checked, you can still perform these changes, but the steps may vary slightly from what is described here and the screen shots will not represent what you see.
- In the upper-right corner of the browser window, click on the Options drop down menu and select "See All Options..."
- In the left navigation menu, select Block or Allow.
- To add all emails from a specific domain to the Safe Senders list, type in the domain name and click the green plus sign.
- To add an individual email address, just add the desired email address in the field and click the green plus sign. Additionally, if you want all of the emails in your contact list to be considered "safe", you can check "Trust emails from my contacts."
- You can also block all emails from a specific domain or just an individual by following the same basic steps in the Blocked Senders section.
NOTE: If you check "Don't trust e-mail unless it comes from someone in my Safe Senders and Recipients list or local senders", you will ONLY receive emails from domains or addresses that you have added to your Safe Senders list (or from addresses within your company). Use this with caution as you will not receive emails from anyone that is outside of your company or not already on your Safe Senders list.