The recommended OSX email client for use with the Chinook Communications Exchange 2010 service is Outlook 2011 for Mac. If Outlook 2011 for Mac is not available or able to be used, It is possible to configure the OSX Calendar application for use with the Chinook Communications Exchange 2010 service by following the instructions below.
NOTE: This guidance is for configuring Calendar version 6.0 (1648) on OSX 10.8.4. Other versions may have slightly different configuration requirements.
To configure OSX Calendar for use with Exchange 2010
- Launch the OSX Calendar application
- Click on Calendar | Preferences from the top menu
- Select the Accounts tab and click the "+" sign to add a new account.
- Provide the following information to the Add an Account wizard and then click Create.
- Account Type: Exchange
- Full Name: [Account Full Name]
- Email Address: [Account Email Address]
- Password: [Account Password]
- The Add an Account wizard will now attempt to automatically configure your Account.
NOTE: This process can take several minutes, please be patient.
- Once the wizard has completed, you will see the Account Summary page that shows the account information and synchronization options. Click Create to complete the process.
- When the configuration is complete, you should see the new account in the Account list in Calendar
- The configuration is now complete and the calendar is ready for use.
NOTE: For reference, the server settings for the Chinook Communications platform are shown below.